What is Yin Yoga?
Yin Yoga is a calm, meditative and rather passive style of yoga. Yin Yoga helps against muscular tension and provides more freedom of movement.
Most asanas are mostly performed lying down or seated and the poses are in between Held for 3 and 6 minutes. Between the asanas, however, a neutral lying position is often built in for relaxation.
Yin Yoga intends through the calmer style, the opposing forces of to rebalance yin and yang on a physical and mental level.
The benefits of Yin Yoga are very far-reaching, here are some of those benefits:
- improves range of motion
- improves flexibility
- reduces the burden
- lengthens the muscles
- reduces sticking
- Hydrates tissues and muscles
- compresses and strengthens the ligaments
- gentle on the joints
- Hydrates the skin
- reduces tissue degeneration
- normalizes the curvature of the spine
- increases the mobility of the joints
- reduces osteopenia and osteoporosis
- helps prevent joint stiffness
- calms the nervous system
- calms the mind
- grounds us
- gives us meditative moments